How would i paint my name in Chinese grass style calligraphy.

Welcome Forums Questions & Answers How would i paint my name in Chinese grass style calligraphy.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      timeman123
      Participant

Hi, all Painters may be someone can help me on this?I would like to learn how to write my name in Chinese grass calligraphy to practice on i would like to put it on my paintings I love the free flowing of the calligraphy my full name is (Robert Santee) or my nickname is( Raz)thanks for your help.

Raz.

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

Nice! I would also like my signature in Cao Shu *cursive script but I don’t know how to do it. Ah, let’s wait to see if anyone can help us out! 😀

timeman123
      Participant

Robert Santee

ericmarie
      Participant

You cannot use always the same style of calligraphy to sign or to write other things on your paintings. Sometime, you have to use xingshu, sometime xingkai, sometime caoshu. But if you want to have a good calligraphy, even to write few words, you need to study calligraphy and begin by the beginning. I don’t think that you may only “copy” a model of the calligraphy of your name and do a calligraphy that looks well if you have not an internal feeling and experience of calligraphy. Another advantage : if you study calligraphy, your painting will become better. Chinese calligraphy and painting have the same root : 書畫同源 !

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.