2019 Year of the Pig Competition – Professional

Welcome Forums 2019 Year of the Pig Competition 2019 Year of the Pig Competition – Professional

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

For professionals, please upload your paintings with short description of your artwork on this page.

see rules.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I painting pig to celebrate Chinese New Year

the size is about 80 x140 cm

the technique I used is traditionally sumi – eThis is live painting in the museum in Germany

Anonymous
      Inactive

the technique I used is traditionally sumi – eThis is live painting in the museum in Germany

Anonymous
      Inactive

the technique I used is traditionally sumi – e

David
      Participant

Why.

I have painted a New Year picture every year for the last six years chiefly to use as a greeting to friends.  This year I have made the pig a wild one at sunrise.  The wild boar is an important symbol in the ancient Celtic cultures as it is in Chinese culture.  Coincidentally the wild pig is also associated with the old Celtic lunar New Year ‘Samhain’ which falls in autumn.  (Nowadays people mostly celebrate it on the last night of October to first day of November as it survives as Halloween and we have forgotten how to work out our lunar calendar.)

Technique

In ink (five lacquer ink and pine ink), cinnabar ink, and colour on xuan paper. As well as using Chinese brushes I made much use of a Chinese style brush of soft pheasant feathers I had just made myself. The seals are ones cut by myself in petrified wood.

pandatutnet
      Participant

A small new-born piglet to selebrate New Year and to welcome luck!

Technique: mixed Gongbi (工笔) & Mogufa ( 沒骨法).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by pandatutnet.
      Louise
      Participant

Louise
      Participant

I used yue gong dian paper and the inkston inkstick jin bu ji for this painting for the year of the pig. I painted a Bonte Bentheimer, a race from a region in Holland,Drente, and a part of the County of Bentheim in Emsland, Germany

yudhigejali
      Participant

Halo, my name is Yudhi. I paint this: “Enjoying The Spring”, using spontaneous Xie Yi technique, Chinese Ink and Maries chinese watercolor on Xuan Rice Paper 24×34 cm.

I paint this because Pig is related to Relax and Life enjoyment. Spring is such a right moment to behold the beauty of the new beginning, while the nature is starting to bloom again after freezing winter.

xenia.lutsenko
      Participant

40×30 cm. Detailed Style. Pigs show affection by grooming each other. They greet each other by rubbing noses and enjoy hanging out together, sunbathing, playing and listening to music. They are extremely social animals. With this painting I wanted to express that even we may have different backgrounds, even we may speak different languages and have divergent traditions, we are still the same.

xenia.lutsenko
      Participant

24×30 cm. Spontaneous style. With this drawing I wanted to express the beauty of ink and vivid line.

Astrid
      Participant

Wild boar with baby in sumi-e style made by Astrid Menick

Wild boar with her baby in sumi-e style to celebrate the year of the pig.

Wild boar with baby in sumi-e style by Astrid Menick

The size is 35 x 23 cm and it’s painted on Xuan-paper with just ink, made from a Japanese inkstick. The ink is still wet. The  brush I’ve used is Inkston Initial 3. For the background I’ve used a hake brush.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.