CAn you use white mortar and pestle bowl for mixing mineral sticks?

Welcome Forums Questions & Answers CAn you use white mortar and pestle bowl for mixing mineral sticks?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gretchensmailbox
      Participant

I am wondering if it would be appropriate to use the white mortar and pestle for grinding/mixing colors from the natural 12 mineral stick set?  I think it would be nice to see the colors easily against the white.  Has anyone tried this? Thank you .

*I realize they are usually using the mortar with the chips – I would not use the pestle just the inside surface of the bowl which I am assuming is unglazed?

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

Hi, I do not think the white mortar and pestle is good to grind 12 mineral colour inksticks. The inksticks need inkstone to grind. 🙂

Yes, the bowl is unglazed. However, the surface is not as fine as natural stone. Therefore, even if you can grind inkstick on the bowl, the ink you get from this way is not fine as it should be.

gretchensmailbox
      Participant

Ok, thank you very much. I wish a white inkstone could be invented!  Do people typically grind the sticks and then pour the color into seperate dishes to view the shade accurately?

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

People normally grind the inkstick on inkstone and use the inkstone directly as an ink reservoir. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.