Art and meaning

Welcome Forums Ideas for Inspiration Art and meaning

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Catherine Larkin
      Participant

I have an existential question for the community. I have trouble making time for practice because I have trouble making my love of art a priority in my life. I’d love to hear from others about why this style of art has meaning and value in your life.

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

Hi Catherine,

this question is also posted on our inkston facebook art forum to involve more discussion. 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/groups/inkston/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Inkston Customer Helper

Felice
      Participant

Hi Catherine,

its not really a matter of making it a priority, it depends on how much you want it (i think). Forcing yourself into practising while you are not feeling the ‘vibe’ isn’t going to work out so well as perhaps first thought.

Practising Chinese calligraphy or painting for me is a matter of how I feel. If i don’t feel inspired than it happens that I don’t write for days. But when I do write or paint, I could lose track of time which is a wonderful feeling.

Just listen to yourself. If you feel a sadness because you haven’t practised yet, then plan a moment ahead and say “i will practice for one hour” and then simply do it. Remember this is a time for you, a time to explore yourself in an artistic way. Perhaps you can ask someone to join you.

Hope this helped a bit 🙂

Lovely death
      Participant

All those for whom art is not a profession have the same problem, and the solution us simple, you don’t need to specifically make time for it, you don’t even necessarily have to do it, I just imagine myself painting when I am too busy, because painting brings peace to my soul and imagining it at times is enough.

I like this stule of painting because of how honest it is, your strokes show your emotions and feelings.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.