Does this Red star Xuan paper for professional artist use or for practicing?

Welcome Forums Product Questions Paper Does this Red star Xuan paper for professional artist use or for practicing?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

Does the following Red star Xuan paper for professional artist use or for practicing?

Red Star 3 Star 10-20% Sized Practicing Xuan Paper 69 * 138 cm

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

Red Star 3 Star 10-20% sized practicing Xuan paper 69 * 138 cm: This is Red Star’s lowest grade handmade Xuan paper. The price is much lower than other Red Star Xuan papers and this 3 star paper is only recommended for daily practice purposes. According to our customer’s feedback, this paper is a very good practice Xuan paper but it is easy to break. I think ‘easy to break’ might be because the 3 star practicing paper uses less Pteroceltis Tatarinowii tree barks. Generally speaking, it is a very good practicing paper for both students and professional’s daily use. On the one hand, it is authentic handmade xuan paper made with authentic raw materials by Red Star. This ensures that the paper still shows the users how the raw xuan paper reacts; on the other hand, as a handmade Red Star paper, this makes it affordable for people to use authentic Xuan paper to practice frequently without worrying about budget. 🙂

I also suppose that this paper is made to be 10 to 20% sized might be because that the paper is more designed for students. Because raw xuan paper is difficult for starters to control while the slightly sized papers (*not sized enough to be half-sized paper) could keep the features of xuan paper while make it easier for people to control. This is just what I think. It is not confirmed by Red Star lab. Maybe as an experienced art teacher, you would have better explanation on this. 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.