Field trip to China?

Welcome Forums Questions & Answers Field trip to China?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      krista
      Participant

I just found this site, and I’m really happy about it! Amazing.

Specially after seeing the articles of brush making and inkstones and so forward have made me think that it would be really interesting to make some sort of study/field trip to China and actually see these things I read about.

I wonder if anyone else would share this interest to do some sort of study trip?

To see art in museums, galleries, see the places and people who make the equipment we can use for creating art, meet people who are in this field and maybe even paint something in the “real environment”. Would also be great to get some lessons from teachers/artists about painting and the philosophy behind Chinese art.

Before finding this site I tried to see if anyplace would offer some sort of workshops or other short courses to Chinese brush painting but most were either 1h things for tourists to try brush painting/calligraphy ( not that satisfying in my opinion as I have done this for some years already ), or really long courses that take months. Unfortunately, at least I can only do like two week holiday. But maybe with the help of this community I could either find travel companions for this or get hints on where to visit and who to contact in order to create holiday like this.

Felice
      Participant

Hello Krista (and others)

We are actually organising a educational trip like that the end of May. Together with our Confucius institute in Bruges, Belgium, we are planning a two week trip visiting musea and places where they make the materials used for calligraphy and painting 🙂

gail
      Participant

Last year my Husband and I spent three weeks on a custom trip to China.  We went to places the usual tourist groups don’t go and I studied painting with several artists.  We planned our trip through “Wild China” who specializes in custom tours.  https://www.wildchina.com/

krista
      Participant

Seems I’m not able to respond to the thread as I get error “ERROR: Your reply cannot be created at this time.”

krista
      Participant

Hmm, that one went through… Seems some words I use are maybe blacklisted (just not sure which one(s) ).

Shortly anyhow:

Other’s looking for the tour Felice mentions: look for ChineseCalligraphyBruges (I can’t take part because of scheduling issue unfortunately). And inspiring that Gail has made similar trip I was trying to describe!

Felice
      Participant

What kind of scheduling issue do you have?  Something we can help with?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.