I need recommendation for Xuan paper

Welcome Forums Product Questions Paper I need recommendation for Xuan paper

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

I am looking for good quality handmade single Shuen/Xuan papers. Which papers you recommend?

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

For your professional exhibitions and expensive art works for sale, I still recommend you to try high grade Red Star Xuan papers. Inkston has been working with quite a few top Chinese artists. According to our experience, they use 10 to 20 years old high grade Red Star Xuan papers for art works which are priced thousand RMB per 尺 chi. The colours, they use Old Hu Kai Wen or Jiang SiXu Tang natural colours. This set of materials (old Red Star raw xuan paper, Old Hu Kai Wen high grade natural soot ink, and Jiang SiXu Tang’s natural colours) is a very popular professional material set. The paper is very expensive. I have left one piece of Red Star paper in the sample pack for you.

For other professional purposes, you may try normal Red Star papers except the practicing Xuan paper. Or, you can also try INKSTON Perfect xuan papers which are made with the similar production standards of Red Star. The INKSTON Perfect 85 Xuan paper can match Red Star professional Xuan paper’s quality while the price is much lower because Perfect 85 is produced by

our own workshop and we can control the pricing. In our sample pack, you may find perfect 70 and 80 papers which shows a bit of the perfect 85 features. Still Perfect 85 is much better.

For your normal exhibition and art works for sale, you may try INKSTON Perfect 70 and 80, and INKSTON Extra Fine Xuan papers for paintings. For calligraphy, you can choose any INKSTON handmade papers. This grade of inkston papers are also our most popular products so far in both China and other countries. These papers are used by professionals, advanced students, art teachers mostly. The price is similar to Red Star practicing paper but the quality is so much higher than Red Star practicing papers.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.