Natural Minerals 12 Colours Set – is an alum solution necessary?

Welcome Forums Questions & Answers Natural Minerals 12 Colours Set – is an alum solution necessary?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      gretchensmailbox
      Participant

Natural Minerals 12 Colours Set – I am wondering if under any circumstances you ever need to add any adhesive when building up layers and saturation such as alum and gelatin or if adequate adhesive is already mixed in?

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

Dear gretchensmailbox,

A very good question! The answer is it depends. If it is the natural colour chips, some of them are pure pigments while other might have added with some natural glue already. However, you might still need to adjust it according to your needs. You can also find ways to get rid of the glues which have been added in the chips. Yes, there are tips to do so. 🙂

However, for the classic Old Hu Kai Wen 12 colour inksticks, all of them are added with extra things such as natural gelatine made from animal fat, herbs, etc. This will allow you to use them directly. However, it would also be difficult for you to adjust the glue percentage contained in the colour.

I hope this is helpful! 🙂

best regards

Inkston Customer Helper

gretchensmailbox
      Participant

I did purchase the inksticks and am now very glad i did so I do not have to worry about mixing in additives!  Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.