Bird of paradise.

Welcome Forums Ideas for Inspiration Bird of paradise.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      riekjecares
      Participant
      • I am looking for examples for the bird of paradise, not only the flower but also the leaves. I have <!–more–>looked on pinterest but could not find what i was looking for.

Thanks Riekje.

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

Dear Riekje,

Sorry for the late reply! For the birds, we have some books which I would like to recommend to you. Each book represents some special techniques.

Song Dynasty Flowers and Birds Painting Album

(a set of very fine Song Dynasty paintings on flower and birds. Song Dynasty has almost reached the peak of flower-birds painting in Chinese history. The style is mostly Gongbi detailed. This album has a wonderful selection of such art works. However, it is also difficult to get the techniques in the beginning. We would recommend this book to intermediate level or above.

黄宾虹 Huang Bin Hong Album of Flowers and Birds Painting

(a wonderful book of Huang BinHong´s flowers and birds paintings. This book has very high reputation in China. It is full of techniques used by this great artist. Still, these techniques might suit better if you are familiar with basic flower and birds painting techniques.)

江寒汀 Jiang HanTing Flower & Bird Album

(a great guide of birds painting! This series of books are published by one of the most prestigious Art Publishing Houses in China. The author Jiang HanTing (1903-1963) was a great artist specializing in flower&bird paintings. This book is a special book to interpret his techniques. A very handful guide for this subject! The  only pity is that the explanations are all in Chinese. However, the detailed pictures will help you understand the techniques well. )

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by 罗雁 LuoYan.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.