reserve ink

Welcome Forums Questions & Answers reserve ink

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      belen
      Participant

I would like to reserve several colors of ink (chips or inksticks) left over at the end of the working day, from one day to the next. Should I add some additive to the ceramic container to maintain consistency the next day? Is there any way to preserve the ink for days without compromising quality?

many thanks!

罗雁 LuoYan
      Keymaster

Please use chips (natural pigments). You can control the ink by adding/ extracting glue from it.

As for ink from inkstick, the left-over ink is called ‘su ink’. This has special effects and are used to create special purposes. We once interviewed one Chinese artist who followed Huang BinHong’s style and uses a lot of Su Ink painting techniques. You might be interested:

Chinese Su Ink landscape painting tips with Wang Zirang

There are differences between fresh-made ink and overnight ink. 🙂 Both are great for creating unique effects. You might want to do some experiments yourself with your papers/ techniques/ brushes. I would recommend you also prepare some natural glue:

Traditional Natural Animal Gelatin 三千本胶

belen
      Participant

I was delighted to discover that quality does not diminish! Of course, in that case, it opens a lot of possibilities … very inspiring, thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.